Welcome to
Monica Johansson and NatureFootstep.com
I am interested in nature photography and photo art and travels
as much as I can to find new areas to document.
I have many blogs and below you find links to them.

Photo and PhotoArt blogs
NatureFootstep Photography and PhotoArt
Image files:  File 1,    File 2,   File 3,    File 4,   File 5

Bildverkstan - Image workshop
Image files:   Bildverkstan/Image workshop       Creative playroom ART

NatureFootstep World   Image file:  NF World

Birds blogs
NF European birds    Image files:  File 1,  File 2,  File 3
Birds around the world, Honolulu, Norway, Iceland, Japan    Image files: Around the world,   part of Japan birds
Birds in Costa Rica  Image files: Costa Rica
Birds in Morocco  Image files: Morocco
Birds in Queensland, Australia  Image files: File 1    File 2 


Thursday, July 29, 2021

Phantom of the Opera and exhibition

 Click image to enlarge!
For Rains promt "musical" I go back many years in time. 
This was 1989 and I and my daughter was in Hamilton on a skipping camp. On our way home we stayed in Toronto for 2 nights. We were happy to see The phantom of the Opera was on a theatre nearby our hotel. And we were lucky enough to get 2 seats on top row. The only ones empty so close to date. 
In the image you see a younger me with the Phantom t-shirt on for christmas. The Phantom on the scallop is my grandson who I photographed with a mask on. He likes to dress up as different characters and visit fantasy convents.  So, I made this on his request. This scallop is now hanging over his pillow. 

Deers in blue
This is photoart. It is created from two images, One is a closeup on grass the other one are fallow deers. Worked in Photoshop and Topaz.


Chain flowers
I painted this a few days ago for an exhibition themed Red!
It is painted with acrylics and chains used as "pencil". Canvas 30x40cm

These are the three paintings I left at the Exhition yesterday. It will open Saturday. It is just a small art gallery so not many will visit I think. People are also still used that places are corona closed. Yet, there was quite many artists that has brought their work. So it will be nice and fun to see the exhibition. 
My art is "Leftover", "Chain flowers" and "Valentine"


© NF Photo 1989 and 210729

In Sweden we have got a few floodings. But not as hard as down in central Europe. Some things destroyed but no injuries as far as I know. 

Take care. Right now I think fires and floods seem worse then Corona. You can still wear the mask to protect yourself from smoke.

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Paint Party Friday   Rains TAD      Mosaic Monday


Meet me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_Birds


See the sidebar for the last updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  ,

20 comments:

  1. My thoughts went to Phantom of The Opera as well, though i ended up presenting something else 😊

    Happy Thursday

    much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica,

    Phantom of the Opera has some fabulous music! I remember when I was a kid I loved watching the old B&W non-musical, horror film on late night TV on the weekend.

    Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely memories of Phantom! Beautiful pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the exhibition. The art is lovely. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful you got to see phantom of the opera. Beautiful photo art. The blue deer is my favourite.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous artworks! The chain art is so beautiful! The forest scene is also very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly I never got to see Phantom of The Opera in a theater- one of my very faves. But I do have the original Broadway soundtrack and love it. What wonderful memories- thanks for sharing. Super art as well. that blue deer is gorgeous! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous art this week, love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We lvoe the Phantom! Your chain piece is just stunning! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, love the Phantom of the Opera, and I have seen it several times. The most memorable time was at the Venetian in Las Vegas. The dropping chandelier stopped just above my sister's and my head. Talk about a thrill. I'm making myself participate in Rain's TAD in the hope that I'll eventually create some art. I especially love your scallop and the Chain Flowers, Monica! I hope Sweden continues to come through this summer relatively well. Fires and floods are vividly real and urgent; a virus seems less real and threatening because it's invisible. I'm back to wearing my mask again. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't "Phantom of the Opera" just awesome. I saw it in New York many years ago and I have the CD's of that show that I listen to often. Your art this week is exceptional. I am so glad you are able to display your art in a gallery ... that is so exciting. Will you sell pieces if requested? I love the deer and I really love the chain flowers. Way to go, Monica ... "And yes, we are still wearing masks because of the Delta Variants. The fires and floods we are experiencing are not close to me, thankfully, but my heart goes out to those who are going through all of that ... so sad. You think this will be a wake up call for all the #!**##! that refused to recognize Climate Change. Life gets more difficult for reasons we have no control over ... Ugh! Take care my friend and take a picture of your are in the gallery :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too have the blue deer as my favourite.

    The weather worldwide seems to be causing problems, so many affected.
    Even some areas here in the UK have a storm warning this weekend.

    Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monica - your artwork is so creative; I hope people do visit the exhibit! And yes, many wild weather events all around the world ... I worry about our planet. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indeed a fantastisc opera, Monica, I saw many times. Thank you for remembering.

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the photos you made into art! The deer is especially pretty! I love working with photos too...as you know! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Monica, I love your deer...and your Phantom! So nice to see your photo, even if it was from the 80's!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to NatureFootstep Homepage / Monica Johansson