Welcome to
Monica Johansson and NatureFootstep.com
I am interested in nature photography and photo art and travels
as much as I can to find new areas to document.
I have many blogs and below you find links to them.

Photo and PhotoArt blogs
NatureFootstep Photography and PhotoArt
Image files:  File 1,    File 2,   File 3,    File 4,   File 5

Bildverkstan - Image workshop
Image files:   Bildverkstan/Image workshop       Creative playroom ART

NatureFootstep World   Image file:  NF World

Birds blogs
NF European birds    Image files:  File 1,  File 2,  File 3
Birds around the world, Honolulu, Norway, Iceland, Japan    Image files: Around the world,   part of Japan birds
Birds in Costa Rica  Image files: Costa Rica
Birds in Morocco  Image files: Morocco
Birds in Queensland, Australia  Image files: File 1    File 2 


Friday, March 15, 2019

Polarising filter and Saturn part 2

 Click image to enlarge!
Fantasy Planets, Saturn project. 

Continuing from last week. I did a few exercises on painting the planet on OH plastic sheets.
Last week Susan suggested that I can use that weeks pour to create a planet. Worked out well I think. Thank you Susan!

So, for the finished piece I opened Photoshop. Copied one of the Saturns and created another planet of the pour in PS. Then I created the background universe with stars, a comet and dust clouds. And put it all together. Not sure if I am finished though.
It is fun being able to combine paint and photo like this :)


I learned this trick from an ad on FB. They use a polarizing filter on the camera and photograph some plastic in front of a computer screen. Turned out I had a filter and it suited the camera lens. But it was not so easy. The colors changes with every movement of the camera.  The piece I photographed is a magnifying glass for reading. And to make it a bit more interesting I added the angels. 

Working with polarizing filter and a laptop screen:
https://members.expertphotography.com/p12-wow-factor-photography-ad/


© NF Photo 190315


Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Paint Party Friday

Meet me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds


See the sidebar for the last updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  ,

10 comments:

  1. Superb fantasy planets Monica - you did have fun and achieved a beautiful result.
    The polarizing filter on the camera gave a fantastic shot... love the addition of the angels. Happy PPF! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Saturn project is gorgeous. (I just finished a kind of same, not published yet).
    Angel art is adorable and beautiful.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your planet theme. So creative. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab planet art, and that last play with the filter is fantastic! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great suggestion from Susan, it's all turned out fabulously.
    Happy PPF Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, indeed...combine of paint and photo look great. love it.
    have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Monica, wonderful techniques for photography. Love the painting too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! SAturn with its rings is my favorite planet (besides Earth ofc :) ). Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to NatureFootstep Homepage / Monica Johansson