Welcome to
Monica Johansson and NatureFootstep.com
I am interested in nature photography and photo art and travels
as much as I can to find new areas to document.
I have many blogs and below you find links to them.

Photo and PhotoArt blogs
NatureFootstep Photography and PhotoArt
Image files:  File 1,    File 2,   File 3,    File 4,   File 5

Bildverkstan - Image workshop
Image files:   Bildverkstan/Image workshop       Creative playroom ART

NatureFootstep World   Image file:  NF World

Birds blogs
NF European birds    Image files:  File 1,  File 2,  File 3
Birds around the world, Honolulu, Norway, Iceland, Japan    Image files: Around the world,   part of Japan birds
Birds in Costa Rica  Image files: Costa Rica
Birds in Morocco  Image files: Morocco
Birds in Queensland, Australia  Image files: File 1    File 2 


Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Snowy Winter in Japan and New Year

 Click image to enlarge!


This is a Journal from my trip to Japan in 2019. First we made a short stop on an island in the south. It was supposed to have a  Mediterranean climate, but when we arrived it was snowing. And the locals was not used to snow. Then we went to the big island to see the Snow monkeys. And lastly to Hookaido in the north to see the Red-crowned crane and the huge Sea eagle. Said to be the largest eagle in the world. 
A bit late I realized there are a lot of faces on this Journal page. :) 

To make sure I'll have things to do next year, I bought myself some new art supplies. 
This is five different textures. It is not "colors", they gives different textures. The gold was good for flowers I noticed. The grey is sand and pavements. The one in the center might be good for waves. 
😍


I found these acrylic colors two days after the paste. The colors goes well together. 
I have already plans for the green and the "orange-brown" one. 

And finally, New Years party. 

Happy New Year everyone. 

I don't think there will be many fireworks this year. It has been limited in recent years. At first it scares the pets and even some people too. And they litter because people don't clean up after themselves.

© NF Photo 221228


Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Art Journal Journey   Snowy winter      TADD     FFO

Meet me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_Birds

See the sidebar for the last updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  ,

14 comments:

  1. What a fun trip you had. I visited Japan and saw the monkeys in the south, but no snow. This is a great collage, and you were able to see a steller's sea eagle. Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ for Jo's snowy winter challenge. Happy new year. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice art supplies too! Have a creative 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip to Japan sounded wonderful-I enjoyed the photos Those textured paints looks fun Enjoy making art and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how wonderful to travel to Japan and I loved your page of memories - beautiful 😊. I think the wildlife shots are amazing. It looks like you'll have lots of fun with those new art supplies next year with all the ideas you have - yay! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at AJJ this month with all your fabulous art. Wishing you all the very best for 2023, Happy New Year! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv the Japan mosiac.

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    Link to my 12 Days of Christmas HERE

    There is an annual festival happening at my blog now. I invite you to link up. You do not have to place a link back link on your blog; just link up.

    I will after the festival catch up with prompts and add my links

    MUCH🎄LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trip to Japan has to be high on your list of favorites. Love the beautiful eagle and Red Crowned Cranes (I have seen them up close and personal at the Crane Foundation in Wisconsin). Love your pictures. And good for you treating yourself to some new art supplies. I look forward to seeing what you will do with them in 2023 :)
    All the best to you, Monica, in 2023 ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your top image is a beautiful collage, Monica.
    Have a happy and healthy 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. Yes, Japan is in my heart for sure. Monica, thank you for being part of my blogging world and I wish you the very best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special trip to Japan! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome you were able to visit Japan. The collage is wonderful. Amazing about the snow. Thanks for sharing this at Art Journal Journey and Jo's great theme,

    Wow to your new art supplies. SO gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New art supplies is fun! I hope you had a lovely holiday season Monica! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to NatureFootstep Homepage / Monica Johansson