Welcome to
Monica Johansson and NatureFootstep.com
I am interested in nature photography and photo art and travels
as much as I can to find new areas to document.
I have many blogs and below you find links to them.

Photo and PhotoArt blogs
NatureFootstep Photography and PhotoArt
Image files:  File 1,    File 2,   File 3,    File 4,   File 5

Bildverkstan - Image workshop
Image files:   Bildverkstan/Image workshop       Creative playroom ART

NatureFootstep World   Image file:  NF World

Birds blogs
NF European birds    Image files:  File 1,  File 2,  File 3
Birds around the world, Honolulu, Norway, Iceland, Japan    Image files: Around the world,   part of Japan birds
Birds in Costa Rica  Image files: Costa Rica
Birds in Morocco  Image files: Morocco
Birds in Queensland, Australia  Image files: File 1    File 2 


Thursday, October 28, 2021

The good the bad the, -what, ugly?

 Click image to enlarge!
Yellowstone Norris Geyser Basin, featuring #Traveldreamwest
Acrylics and watercolor on A4 paper. Colortest!
© NF Photo 211016

In sept 2017 I visited Teton Range and Yellowstone NP. I am still in contact with our guide, Helen. 
We meet on IG and blogs. She posted a photo from her last trip to the Norris Basin. I decided to try to paint it. The above is the result.  From the start it was really just a try to find the right blue colors to the hot water. So, this is just a simple A4 paper. Maybe later on I´ll try this or one of mine, on watercolorpaper. This photo was squared so not A4 size. 





I found a new friend that has an oldfashioned countryside shop. 
I took some photos and ideas as well and played around in PS.
The lantern in the center I bought it. It is now on my balcony. It looks like a birdnest. 


St._Michael_Vanquishing_Satan

I guess this might not perfectly meet Rains promt Villains this week. As it is really an Archangel doing the kill. But, might be close enough. In my eyes - Evil is evil no matter the situation.
This figurine is a gift from my daughter and granddaughter. They know I love angelwings like the one in my header. That angel too is a gift from them. If they had looked closely to the bottom of this piece they might not have bought it. I have a problem with accepting bad things, so, if I don´t comment too much on your posts this week I hope you forgive me. But I will visit!


© NF Photo 221028

Take care everyone!

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Paint Party Friday    TAD     MM

Meet me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_Birds

See the sidebar for the last updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  ,

14 comments:

  1. Ohh these are wonderful Monica. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, I know how you feel about bad things from our conversations. I love the Archangel defeating evil. And your watercolour is beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, evil is evil. And there's too much evil in the world! My Auntie used to say, 'A villain in a posh suit and polished shoes is still a villain! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured the blues in a beautiful way in your first piece Monica, beauty always outshines evil in so many ways. Happy PPF take care of yourself Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great art projects, and I especially love your beautiful painted scene at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice art. Luv your St Michael

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your painting and I know the water is hot so it looks hot. I am not sure there is a way to paint water hot ... maybe put some steam coming off of it. Your photo shopping is always excellent. I love the lantern and it wouldn't surprise me if it became a birds next in the spring. Yes and the Archangel is killing the devil who is the villain in the scene. Beautiful piece of art. Your daughter and granddaughter sure enjoy you ... you are lucky to have them close. My granddaughter just graduated college then promptly moved away ... :( Stay well my friend ... get your booster and your flu shot, then all will be well :)
    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the painting is the Norris basin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful art, Monica! The painting of Yellowstone is beautiful. Take care and have a wonderful week.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica - I have been to Norris Geyser Basin, and I think you have done a wonderful job of capturing the colors! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to NatureFootstep Homepage / Monica Johansson